An experimental blog exploring consciousness and culture, art and evolution:
- Potential for new kinds of human societies. I document “emanent folkways” – possible cultures and ways of life in our interconnected world.
- Non-rational or non-Western modes of knowledge that have been previously excluded, but nevertheless hold vital understanding of ourselves and our world.
- The rise of spiritual counter-culture as holding valid worldview(s) and visions for the future.
- The creative imagination, the importance of understanding myth and valuing the sacred in contemporary culture.
- Digital Culture and the New Media revolution.
- Bringing together art and scholarship, academia and intuition, intellect and religious experience – crossing between worlds as a mode of intelligence.
- Exploring our origins.
- New philosophies that help articulate the contemporary shift in culture and consciousness.
- Studying transformations, or evolutions in human culture and consciousness.
Jeremy is a writer of short stories and essays, a blogger, rogue academic and new media scholar. He received his MA from Goddard in Consciousness Studies and a BA from Fordham in Sociology. Exploring the interstices of myth, media and religious experience, his writing attempts to outline the direction of our interconnected age.
Investigating the intersections of mythology in modern media, religion, and cultural evolution, Jeremy’s writing has been published in Kosmos Journal and Beams and Struts: A Magazine for Hungry Minds and Thirsty Souls. His twitter, @shamansun, received honorable mention in EnlightenNext magazine.
Jeremy also writes at Disinfo.com.
In July of 2013, Jeremy was honored to be the official blogger for the annual Integral Theory Conference, the largest gathering of integral academics in the world. Click here to read his inaugural blog post exploring the events thematic ideas.
He currently plans on pursuing a PhD, continuing his vocation as rogue scholar, writer and media mystic.